St. Patricks Day – the day all Irish musicians are waiting for – and it will be a busy one this year. Here’s a rundown of where you can catch some good music.
* Friday night – I’m playing with the Strand at Fiddler’s Dream Coffeehouse, at Glendale and 17th Street, in Phoenix. Tucked away behind the Quaker church, you might miss it if you blink, but it’s a real gem in Phoenix. Admission is $6, coffee/tea/cookies are $1 each, and profits go to local food banks.
* Saturday – Again, with the Strand, I’m playing at the annual Phoenix Irish Festival, at the Irish Cultural Center in Downtown Phoenix. Worried about parking in downtown Phoenix? It’s on the light rail! $10 admission gets you in the gate for a full day of family-filled fun.
* Still worried about parking? Check out the MIM for “Discovering Ireland” all weekend. I’ll be rushing up to the corner of Tatum and Mayo (blvd, not county!) for appearances with the High Desert Harpers at 1:45, and again on Sunday at 11:45 and 1:45.
* Ironically, things settle down on the actual day. In honor of “Random Acts of Harping Month,” which is really in June, but it’s just too hot in Phoenix for that, so we do it in March, I’ll be playing at, well, random locations. That night, it’s a private event with the Strand.
* And Tuesday I will sleeeeeeep.